Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More Art and Soul
























More photos of class projects. I'm having a little struggle getting the pictures and words arranged here in a cohesive manner but think you'll get the idea. The "heart" piece is from Beryl Taylor's "Making Paper Fabric" class. You can take a look at her book here. I'm in love with Beryl's exquisite artwork.

Another fun class was "Twentyfirst Crazy Quilt" with Janet Cooper. Janet brought a huge amount of vintage bits for us to use. You can see that she combined our pieces into a wall quilt display.

The two-day workshop painting faces with DJ Pettit was awesome. DJ is a generous and patient teacher, and one of my very favorite artists.

I always have such a great experience at Portland Art and Soul and so lucky to have it right in my own backyard. Next year, I'll allow more time and energy for socializing. It's too much fun seeing old friends and making new ones!

1 comment:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Hi Suzanne, Your blog is great and I really like all of the art you made at A&S. Hope to see you soon, Paula