Thursday, August 26, 2010

color and pattern

Ta-da...the finished top of the "quick" quilt I started last month. Since then my sewing machine has been in the shop for a tune-up and various summer activities have delayed completion...not to mention my short attention span for sewing a zillion (OK, 195) four-and-a-half-inch squares together. I do love simple patchwork, though.


Another recent project...painting up a box of drawers. I've used this color on a few other things around the house lately..."City Chartreuse" from Valspar (at Lowe's).

More progress on quilting today. I think this one belongs at the beach house.

2 comments:

Robin Olsen said...

That's so fresh and pretty! I really like those pops of Gerbera daisies in it. And I'm in love with your drawers--both the color and the numbers.

stephanie brockway said...

I also love those drawers. Thanks for giving me the name of the color, I will be buying some asap!
steph