Sunday, August 22, 2010

a week in pictures

It feels like summer is winding down. I've taken a bit of a break from blogging while just enjoying the season. We spent a few beautiful days last week in Mt. Rainier National Park. I captured the mountain one morning at Reflection Lakes.

Walking in shady groves of old growth forest.

And through high meadows of wildflowers. The scent was incredible!

Visited many waterfalls--this one is Myrtle Falls, on one of the trails above Paradise Inn.

It was a great little vacation; and not far away from home!

So, fast-forward a few days and here I am in a completely different place--with my daughter on my birthday at the American Idol Tour concert in Portland. I must not be that old as I still seem to enjoy this kind of thing.



Now, I look forward to catching up at home; to settle down and get back to making things again...

4 comments:

Robin Olsen said...

Stunning pictures Suzanne! You could do professional landscape photography!

Tory Brokenshire said...

What a great summer and how fun going to the concert. You live life!!!

Unknown said...

Those pictures came out great, Mom! We had an awesome time at the concert. Love you!

Unknown said...

The pictures came out great, Mom! We had an awesome time at the concert. Love you!