Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Exile




What to do when temperatures exceed 100 degrees and you're without AC? Why, you find the coolest place and hide out for a while. So, we're laying low at the beach house this week, Simon and me. I come and go at will...going into Astoria for shopping and fish and chips at the Bowpicker. Hanging out at the local coffee joint and cafe, or the library to get online. Picking up my crochet or tabloid magazine (do people really care that much about Jon and Kate??). Watching a little reality TV ("The Bachelorette" finale), and keeping tabs on the weather inland. Walking Simon on the beach. Wandering through the little historic area of Oysterville, snapping a few pictures. I could get used to this.

3 comments:

Savannah said...

This beach house is just as cute as a button! I love the sunny yellow color. Hope it cools off for you soon. Believe me, I know you pain with the heat...

Ro Bruhn said...

What a gorgeous house. I know the feeling of the heat, we had a temperature of 114 degF on the day of our main bushfires here down under back in February, it was unbearable. Global warming has really started to kick in.

Tory Brokenshire said...

This sounds like heaven, I hid in my bedroom, I like your story better.