Saturday, July 18, 2009

In My House

I've been an admirer of Alma Stoller and her art for quite a while, so it was pretty cool to have her in Portland to teach at ArtFiberFest. That's Alma on the left, working with a student in the workshop, "Stitch, Meditate, OM".
This is the piece I started in class and is now complete. It sort of evolved into a commentary on what was worth keeping in my home, which started in a discussion at the last PAC retreat. We were having a de-stash sale to benefit our holiday show. It's always difficult to decide between what to part with and what to keep.

4 comments:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Suzanne, your meditation piece is beautiful. I need your words of wisdom for de-cluttering my home.

Ro Bruhn said...

This is beautiful, very peaceful and serene.

Leigh said...

Love this piece. I really wanted to take this class..just beautiful

Anonymous said...

I love these fiber/needleart pieces that you are doing. Great color and texture. Lenall Siebenaler